The Connemara Rough Diamond adventure race
Its just over four weeks away and preparation for the event have moved into top gear.
The main changes to this year’s race are:
· New 17 k INTRO category for people who are new to Adventure Racing
· Extended assault course with more fun and tricky challenges to overcome
· The race finishes in Letterfrack after all categories summit the diamond
· The expert course takes in the Renvyle peninsula (40 k bike section)
There are 3 categories in CRD 2012:
· INTRO, 17 K, solo only.
· SPORT, 32 K, solo and teams of 4.
· EXPERT, 60K, solo and teams of 4.
Race Start Times for Connemara Rough Diamond 2012:
· Wave 1 – Experts 10.30am (Start is on Lettergesh Beach)
· Wave 2 – Intro 11.00am (Start is at Assault Course at Kylemore House)
· Wave 3 – Sports 11.30am (Start is on Lettergesh Beach)
· Wave 4 – Sports 11.50am (Start is on Lettergesh Beach)
Race sign-on will be in the Ellis Hall, GMIT in Letterfrack. There is lots of parking and the Courtyard Café will be open and serving food, so come early and enjoy the banter. If you need a snack after the drive west, this is the place. Race sign-on is open early on Saturday morning to facilitate anyone who wants make this a day trip and save on the accommodation.
Race sign-on will be open as follows:
Friday from 4.00pm to 10.30pm
Saturday from 7.00am to 10.30am
Race sign-on is available on Saturday morning but you will need to be here well before your start time, as bike transition and car parking needs to be done after sign-on:
Wave 1 (Elite) must sign-on before 8.30am
Wave 2 (Intro) must sign-on before 10.00am
Wave 3 (Sport) must sign-on before 10.00am
Wave 4 (Sport) must sign-on before 10.30am
After sign-on you can then drive to the start (15 min, experts will have to drop the bike on the way) we will bus you back for your car after the race.
A hot meal , post race refreshments , massage , music and a hint of madness will be provided compliments of CRD , Celtic Pure, Bulmers (Ireland) and the Connemara Bog Week Festival.
The after-party kicks off in Mullarkeys Bar, Clifden at 9 pm . They also have rooms so contact them if you need a room www.foyleshotel.com/index.htm 095-21801
Come and see why the Connemara Rough Diamond was voted the second best event of 2011 by readers of outsider magazine,
Come and catch the rush!!!
Mike Laffey 086 8222 447
Connemara Rough Diamond,